Saturday, April 9, 2011

Imbibe Southern Style

Standing in the checkout line at the local market, I spied this interesting magazine called Imbibe. It caught my eye because the main topic for the month happened to be drinks of the South and prominently featured my favorite liquor, Bourbon. A week later Colleen walks in the door with a surprise for me - a copy of this same magazine. It's like she can read my mind!

Needless to say there were several interesting drinks in this issue and I will likely post a couple of them. I thought I'd start with one that seemed obviously appropriate for me. It's a new direction for cocktails that I'd never tried, as it features iced tea in the recipe. This iced tea cocktail is not too sweet and very refreshing for a warm spring day.


Smitty's Grande Tea
2 oz. Bourbon
1/2 oz. Benedictine
3/4 oz. sweet&sour (or make your own with 2 parts lemon juice, 1 part simple syrup)
4 oz. Iced Black Tea
lemon wheel garnish

Shake ingredients (except tea) with ice. Strain into ice filled glass and top with iced tea. Garnish with lemon wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment